Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is It Time To Sit Yet?

Wow, I've been busy today. At least it seems that way.
I feel like I haven't had a chance to sit all day, but the more I think about it, I did sit for quite a while at the pool today. Maybe it didn't feel like sitting because I was sweating so much.

Between going to the gym, showering, fixing lunches, taking a trip to the vitamin store, minding the kids at the pool, cooking bourbon chicken for Craig and his work peeps, delivering the dinner to work, cleaning up my messy kitchen and the humongous blanket tent in my living room and discovering that Caroline's blasted fever came back again, I feel a little spent.
And glad to be sitting.

Caroline was FINE. Yesterday and today, FINE. This is so frustrating. Her appetite was back and she was full of energy. When she ate only half of her dinner and claimed she was tired, both sure fire signs of fever, I got suspicious and went hunting for the thermometer.
She cried when I wanted to take her temperature because she didn't want to be sick.
I'm the same way.
Ignorance is bliss.

On an unrelated note, what a shame?
What a jerk.


What a day.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Sitting's for sissies!
So, here's proof that I should not be left unsupervised: I spent yesterday afternoon with my right leg and foot twice the size of my left one! I had hurt my knee and wrapped it with an ace bandage before work. Ahhhh….that felt good.
It felt a little tight behind my knee, but hey, the whole point is to keep it still, right?
After lunch I noticed that my foot looked like it was growing around my shoe, kinda like those biscuit dough things where you smack the can and the biscuit dough explodes.
So I thought, Hmmm…that can't be good and took the ace bandage off. My leg was filled with fluid all day and looked gross, but at least it wasn't purple and didn't fall off.
This morning it's better, but still squishy. My knee is OK, but I think I'll skip Curves. I haven't been all week or last week.
I think my leg really needs a good therapeutic day at the beach.
How's Fever Gurl?

Alison said...

Gah, I hope your knee is better.
Your description is quite descriptive. There's nothing better than a squishy knee story.
Fever gurl has pneumonia.
Again.
With hardly any symptoms.
I don't get it. She had it nine months ago, was completely illness free since then and bam. Perhaps if the doctors listened to me instead of pass me off as some crazy hover mother, this would have been solved before it turned into pnuemonia.
Blergh.