Monday, May 25, 2009

A Way With Words

I read a lot of blogs.

I'm a curious kind of person and like a peek into other people's lives. Some of the blogs I read are personal blogs. Some are about food. Some make me mad. And others leave me awestruck by the beauty of the words I've just read.

Some people just have a way with words. Peggy Noonan does. She could write how-to install sheet rock instructions and I'd read with pleasure. I guess it's like when Randy Jackson says, "Dawg, you could sing the phone book and I'd love it." On a side note, I hate when Randy says "you can sing your face off." Creepy.

It's a gift.

A gift that I don't have.

I don't consider myself much of a writer. And I don't really care.
I blog because I want to keep a scrapbook of sorts not because I want people to be moved by my words.
My ponderings aren't eloquent. In fact, nothing about me is eloquent. Sometimes I feel like a bull in a china shop. Clumsy and messy.

I read a blog called Ministry So Fabulous. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this treasure, but I sure am glad I did. The woman who writes the blog has that way with words. She's emotive and real. She's raw with her words and I just drink it all up.

She blogged about Memorial Day today and her post just brought tears to my eyes. Yes, cold black hearted Alison was moved.

You should check it out, you'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

WOW. What a compliment -- thank you. :)

And will you please respond to this comment via email? I see something on your profile I want to ask you about. :)