Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Last night, as I sat at the computer with the news on in the background, Caroline came bounding down the stairs. The news was reporting on President Obama's Memorial Day remarks at the tomb of the unknown soldier.
A heavy, emotional speech.
And out of Caroline's mouth flies a sarcastic "yeah, yeah Obama."

Equally horrified and amused, I said with as much indignation as I could muster,"Caroline!"

And she said, "well, he's ALWAYS talking about something."

I have a very bad habit of talking to the television and radio; perhaps I should start keeping my opinions to myself.
Evidently Caroline IS listening.

It was reported that after the speech the President and his motorcade came to Ft. Belvoir for a round of golf. The golf course is probably two miles from our house and right down the street from Craig's office building.
The motorcade caused some traffic issues and detoured Craig's usual route to work.

Too bad we didn't know sooner. It would have been neat to try and spot the Presidential limousine.
And if the rain hadn't postponed the lemonade stand, perhaps he would have been interested in buying a cup.

3 comments:

nancy said...

That's pretty funny. Yeah, gotta watch what you say to the TV. Oh my! Don't let her get near Dad when Nancy Pelosi's on. You'd have to use extra-strength anti-potty-mouth soap.
:)

Sissy said...

Want some visitors on July 7th? It may not be the president, but for a low, low price (and if you have a guest room) you could host me and my husband. Don't cha want to?

Alison said...

Sure, come on up.
We have a guest bedroom. It's smaller than a postage stamp and the mattress is old. Oh and there's only one lamp (and no overhead light fixture, I'm not sure why). I'm no Martha, but you're definitely welcome.
:)