Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ice Cream Ban

I'm officially banning myself from purchasing and eating any more ice cream. My nightly ice cream consumption has become a terrible habit and I'm really quite annoyed with myself for it.
Talking with my fabulous bodied neighbor at the pool today did me in. I'm going cold turkey; I just don't see any other way around it.

I exercise six days a week. I am strong, muscular and physically fit. However, I love food more than life itself and sabotage myself daily. For the most part I eat healthy foods, but my sweet tooth is incurable and my post dinner will is weak.

I hate that all the sweaty effort I put forth at the gym is negated by the ice cream I shovel in my mouth every night. I keep thinking that if I dropped a few pounds all the muscles I've worked so hard to build would be more visible and defined.

I'm probably just having one of "those" days, but I'm going for it. I chucked what was left of my last carton of S'mores ice cream in the garbage and here I go.
I've been known to say that my quality of life is significantly reduced when ice cream isn't part of my day.

I guess I need to adopt a new motto.

No comments: