Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things I've learned this week:
  1. it takes only one car washing session for my feet to start developing flip flop tan lines
  2. it's completely impossible to fully catch up on laundry
  3. three people sure can generate a whole lot of dirty laundry
  4. as soon as you clean the glass on your storm door, a random neighborhood kid will come up and stick his or her grubby little hands or face on said glass, leaving smudges once more
  5. pizza gives me heartburn
  6. Nivea Kiss of Moisture lip balm is awesome
  7. I hate the words "mom can I have a snack?"
  8. not because I don't want to feed my child, but when she asks what she can have, she NEVER wants what I offer
  9. Cinnamon graham crackers with peanut butter is the best afternoon snack
  10. it takes six hours for two adults to contruct and paint a cardboard castle
  11. it also takes 50 yards of duct tape and 657 staples
  12. only people without children choose off white carpet
  13. no matter how hard I try to remind myself nor how often I think of her, I never actually remember to purchase my sister a birthday card...I know, it's a lame excuse. Oh well, Happy Birthday Laura!

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I know what you mean about the glass door. We clean ours and then two seconds later a little doggy will press her nose up against it and leave little prints. My back car windows are also adorned with puppy prints.

When we chose tile and carpet (and we don't have kids) I chose it all to be the color of dirt and dog hair. And I love the color of my wood floors... matches the dirt perfectly. Ok, so maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to clean too much, but I just thought it would be so much smarter.

Alison said...

My mom used to say "I wish we had grape juice colored carpet."
It's true. Only now they have white grape juice. What I need is cotton candy and raspberry rainbow yogurt colored carpet.

Caroline's window in my car is permanently smudgy. I just gave up trying to keep up with it.

Our hardwoods are light, but I obviously had nothing to do with that choice.
Downstairs the flooring looks like hardwoods, but it's softer. Furniture leaves a dent, but after a few minutes the dent pops right back up. I'm not sure what the material is, but whatever it is, it's durable and easy to maintain.