Monday, April 20, 2009

Guess Where We Went This Weekend?


Please excuse the lone Nerf dart bullet pictured underneath my bed.
In case my picture wasn't obvious enough, we went running shoe shopping.
Again!
After Craig threw out two pairs of shoes, our collection looked sparse.
I'm beginning to think that a trip to Disney World would be more economical than a trip to the running store.
Craig ordered some shoes from our favorite online running shoe purveyor, but they didn't fit. Instead of having to stand in line at the post office and having to pay the return shipping fee, we found out that the online store has a brick and mortar location, just a stone's throw away in Falls Church. Yay!
So off we went. Craig was able to return the shoes and get a new pair in it's place. Only, they don't fit well either, so we're returning those next week.
I've been experiencing some foot problems that have been leaving me sore and cranky.
Not a good combo.
With the help of shoe dog, I was able to find a nice pair of New Balance.
On clearance.

I wore them today and am quite pleased. Even if they make my feet look HUGE.
Seriously.
Huge.
For a short chick, I sure do have big feet.
However, comfort trumps vanity when it comes to exercise.
The store is really nice and they even have coloring pages and markers for the kids to use. Caroline isn't a big fan of shopping, which is a shame because Craig and I both enjoy it.
However, with a picture to color, coupled with a bribe of McDonald's before hand and ice cream after, she was quite pleasant.
I can't imagine why?
Yes, we're not ashamed to admit that we've lowered ourselves to such unhealthy bribery tactics.
I'm sure in a few years child protective services will remove Caroline from our home because of our careless use of bribery by McNugget.
Hey, it works.
And sometimes, that is all that matters.

2 comments:

Sissy said...

My parents totally bribed us with McDonalds. Why do you think I had such fond memories of the place?

Alison said...

Craig and I were having a very reflective conversation about McNuggets on Saturday and somehow that made me think of you.
That...and remembering the mayo/sweet and sour combo you used on your fries.