Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Confession Time

Confession is good for the soul, or so "they" say, whoever (whomever?) "they" are. I'm really not proud of most of the things I'm about to list, but....I have no shame.

  1. I don't clean the dryer lint trap as often as I should. Every time I actually remember to do it and collect a way-too-thick layer, I can hear my dad tsk, tsking in my head.
  2. When Craig works at night, I let Caroline eat her dinner on the floor in my bedroom in front of the television.
  3. I fall asleep on the couch every night. If I don't, I have a really hard time falling asleep in my bed. That bed mate of mine is a wee bit noisy when he first falls asleep.
  4. I hate imaginary play. Whenever we had to role play in school, I tried to hide, to avoid participating.
  5. Every so often there will be a day where I'd rather not talk to a single soul.
  6. I HATE being called Mrs. Smith.
  7. With the exception of my parents (and Craig), I don't like talking on the phone. They are the only people, I call to just chat with.
  8. I buy two cartons of ice cream each time I do my bi-monthly shopping trip and don't share it. I would share if asked, but I don't offer.
  9. I've never eaten at Sonic, nor have I eaten a Big Mac.....and I worked at McDonald's for a few years.
  10. I once yelled at the automated lady on the cable company's technical support line, who was supposed to help me troubleshoot. She wasn't helping and I NEEDED TO TALK TO A HUMAN. It wasn't one of my finer moments.
  11. When I'm working out, I mouth the words to the songs playing. It helps keep me occupied, but I'm sure I look like a total dork. Surprisingly, I don't care.
  12. Sometimes I take the "when in doubt throw it out" slogan a little too liberally. I've been known to waste food just because I have a feeling it might potentially go bad sometime in the near future.
  13. (small voice) I like to watch Hannah Montana (/small voice)

5 comments:

nancy said...

Here's the who/whom rule:
If you can substitute they, it's who; if you can substitute them, it's whom.
Confession is good for the soul, or so "they" say, whoever (whomever?) "they" are.
So, you ask, "Who said it?" They said it.
But if it was said by them, it would be whomever.
For Whom the Bell Tolls (the bell was tolled by them, not they)
And that's your grammar lesson for today. Now go clean out your dryer lint trap, share your ice cream and eat old ranch dressing...on a Big Mac....you dork.

Alison said...

You are so very wise.
I am so thankful for your counsel as I humbly and meekly seek to gain grammar knowledge through the leadership of my infinitely wise mother.
Clearly the public school system failed me. Perhaps you should have home schooled instead?

Could you picture you, me and Laura in matching denim jumpers?

;)

nancy said...

I have no response to that--it struck me wordless. The thought is too bizare (bizzare? bizarre?). Um, too weird.
:)

Next lesson: the hyphenated word.

Sissy said...

Um, I love Sonic.

And you and your momma are crazy. And the public school did us just fine, girlfriend. I was in all your classed and I know of what I speak. I think I will call you and talk to you about it. For a long time. LOL.

Sissy said...

Yeah, I know...the word is "classes."