Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bored=Blabby

I'm bored, so I thought I'd hop on ye old blog again to blab about my boredom.
It's raining now. The sky looked threatening all day, but the rain didn't really come until 3ish. I was at the school playground with Caroline and her three friends before the heavens opened. Unlike yesterday, when we got stuck in a downpour on our way back, we made it home with plenty of time to spare. Two days of hair ruined by rain is absolutely unacceptable.

I managed to get some shopping done this morning. Well, except for the blasted green ball point pen, which I'm pretty sure I'll be hunting for indefinitely. I should go to Staples, but I fear I'll be forced to buy 12 of them. I only need one. Same thing happened last year when we waited until the last minute to procure a highlighter. Staples didn't have a package of one or two; six or eight, yes, but not one or two. The one bright side to that situation is that I didn't have to purchase another highlighter for Caroline this year; thankfully I had the wits about me to check our stash of art/office supplies. We also have a large and quite random assortment of pencils from birthday party goody bags, holiday parties, etc... Too bad none of the pencils we have are Ticonderoga #2 pencils. We have Barbie, Superman, camouflage and snowflake pencils, but no Ticonderoga #2 pencils (with Microban!). I was unsuccessful at locating pre-sharpened Ticonderoga #2 pencils today, but I did find them, unsharpened, in smaller package sizes. The magical Target carries 12 packs as opposed to Wal Mart's 24 count packages. That's only 36 to sharpen, as opposed to the 72 I feared.

36 is a good number.
Well, for pencils. Age is another story. Thankfully, I still have a little over three years before I'll face that horrific sight.
Shudder!

Have I bored you enough with my pencil woes?

Probably.

Now, I'll whine about the trouble I have finding clothes that fit Caroline. She's in between sizes, which is so very annoying. Should I buy the size that fits *perfectly* now, but won't have much longevity in her closet, or do I buy the next size up, in hopes that she won't look like she's swimming in them? Why is there such a huge difference in sizes? Gah, so annoying. In usual Alison fashion, the fiscal side overruled. I bought Caroline a few shirts today, in the next size up. I washed and dried them and measured them to her current shirts. The ones I purchased today are longer, but not so much that she'll look like she's wearing a t-shirt dress. But, per usual, I'm second guessing my sizing choice.
I don't know why I'm so bothered by it; it's not as if Caroline cares a lick about what she's wearing.

I checked the Target circular and saw that jeans are on sale starting tomorrow. Against my better judgement, I'm dragging the kid along with me tomorrow to try jeans on. She hates trying on clothing almost as much as I hate making her. It's a lose-lose situation. But, it's necessary. She only has one pair of jeans without holes that aren't three inches too short.

After my Target adventure, I hopped over to World Market to get some chocolate to use on the cake I'm making. Lucky me, they had their chocolate bars on sale for $1. I bought milk, dark and white to use for the shavings. And I bought a dark chocolate with sea salt (!) for me. I can't wait to give it a taste. I read on another blog about the wonders of this combo and I fully expect to be over come with joy when I taste it.

And no shopping trip is complete without a trip to Wal Mart. Well, not really, but I needed to find a cake carrier. And I wanted it to be cheap. When we were in Hershey, my mom and I went to Super Wal Mart for groceries. While perusing the aisles, I happened upon a covered cake carrier on clearance. I thought about buying it, knowing that I always wanted one, but figured that would be a silly purchase to make on vacation. Like, when do I ever make two layer cakes, I said to myself. Yep, life is funny like that. Little did I know that I'd be making one three weeks later.
I thought I'd struck out at Wal Mart. And as I was getting ready to slap myself for not getting the clearanced one, I found a different type for $5. Not too shabby. The clearanced one in Hershey was a prettier color and one dollar less, but, I shant complain.

Oh, who am I kidding? My blog would be virtually non existent if I didn't have anything to complain about.

Am I the only one who can turn a 90 minutes shopping trip into a 500 word recap?

Maybe Probably Absolutely.

No comments: