Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Very Long Day


Caroline and I spent 9 hours out and about today, playing tourist in our own area. It has been a LONG day and I have pictures to share, but that will have to wait until tomorrow, when I have more energy.
Caroline was uncharacteristically quiet on the ride home and actually said she was tired. That never happens, which is a great indicator of the busyness of our day.
The weather was beautiful. The trees were gorgeous. The crowds were bountiful. Seriously, it was a swarming sea of tourists. In the Metro, out on the Capitol Mall and in the museums. This article wasn't lying.

According to our orignal cherry blossom gazing plans, Caroline and I intended to go alone. In complete opposite fashion, we ended up with plenty of sight seeing company: Caroline's two friends, their mom, and another mom and her son from school.
Our plans were somewhat foiled and our day was ultimately lengthened due to our traveling companions, but it was fun all the same. I think Caroline was glad to have friends to complain about the scorching, radiating heat of the sun and all the torturous walking with spend time with. Let's face it, she has more fun with kids her own age than with her boring old mom.

The very idea of stuffing my feet back in my running shoes and going to the gym tomorrow sounds most unappealing. I think, after the hundreds of miles we walked this afternoon (or so Caroline and friends would make you believe), I'll play hooky tomorrow. Yep, that sounds like a fabulous idea.

I'll be back tomorrow with pictures from our day.

No comments: