Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ready To Roll?

source


I sure hope so.

Actually, if I pressed publish on this post and you're reading it, then that means we're healthy (enough) and on our way to North Carolina for a few days.  I typed this Tuesday afternoon at a time when I was hopeful, but still cautious about our trip chances.  After I saved the post and went about my business, Caroline proceeded to wolf down a bowl of ramen noodles at her friend's house and then a few hours later, ate a huge cheese quesadilla and some carrots.  In Caroline's sick-ese language, appetite = fever free. 

So we're off...and you'll just have to manage without me for a few days.  I'm not bringing my laptop with us, which means you'll have to find something else to do with your time while we're away.  That means no obsessive pressing of the refresh button to see if I've posted a blog entry each day.  I know you do that.  It's okay.  There's no shame in eagerness.  No judgement, either.  Only love.

Heh.

Our plans are simple:  have fun and catch up on life with my sister and friend.  A trip to Charleston to spend a night at the beach is in order, along with my main goal:  patronizing as many self serve fro-yo places as possible.  I know we have such glorious establishments in the DC area, but I don't know where they're actually located.  There's nothing near my house, that's for sure.  I need a smart phone so I can plug in 'fro yo obsession' and find a place around town to cure all that ails me.  My sister tells me she has a fro-yo place within walking distance of her apartment.  I don't think there are any words in the English language that elicit as much joy in me as the words self serve frozen yogurt within walking distance.  Sure, that's a lot of words, but I'm a wordy person. 

Admittedly, I love you and all of your obsessive-compulsive, neurotic 'quirks' is a nice phrase.  As is take the credit card and have fun.  I like mom, I've been invited to a sleepover at a friend's house a whole lot, tooBut, frozen yogurt within walking distance takes the cake cone cup piled high with toppings.  Oh, and while we're talking toppings, no fruit toppings, please.  At least, no fruit mixed with candy bars and other sinful chocolatey, cookie type toppings.  I'm all for refreshing fruity frozen yogurt with fruit toppings when the mood strikes, but there's no way I'm putting blueberries and kiwi on chocolate/peanut butter frozen yogurt. 

That. Is. Wrong.

Amen?

As if you didn't already guess it, I kind of love frozen yogurt.  Probably more than life itself.  So much, in fact, that I take it a little too seriously at times.  True story.
I may be taking a blogging break while we're on our getaway, but rest assured that I've got both cameras packed.  I fully intend to come home with plenty of pictures to share.  I can't promise that most of them won't be of frozen yogurt, because, really?  Haven't you seen enough pictures of my kid? 

And there goes my mother of the year award AGAIN.
Anyhoo, we're on our way.  Wish us luck, good health and happy driving vibes!

I'm not a big fan of highway driving and like it or not, you can't get to Charlotte in a timely manner without taking a ride on the Interstate.  Thankfully I have Caroline, my back seat driver to keep me on my toes.  She may not be tall enough to see over the steering wheel, but she sure can steer a car from her perch in the back seat.  I have no idea where she inherited her bossiness.  Nope.  No clue.

For the entertainment portion of our drive, we will sing songs from the Glee soundtrack we opted to check out some books on CD from the library.  We've never done this before and I'm hopeful that it will provide us with hours of joyful entertainment as we navigate the open road.   Or, whatever.

It is my great hope that we shall return on Sunday relaxed, well read and stuffed to the gills with frozen yogurt.

See you soon!

3 comments:

Nana x 3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana x 3 said...

I'm so glad you get to see Laura and especially glad that you get to eat your gills full of yogurt! My fav too....you can't have too much - well it's good for you right?!?!?!? I'm really hoping for you guys to make a trip to Cali next summer for sure - I'll even take you yogurt eating, to the beach and shopping and all the fun places we have here - but NOT Disneyland, Knotts or Magic Mountain!!! Have a great time :) Love, Your Favorite Aunt?? Hmmm...

Amy* said...

I hope you have a great trip and may your fro-yo cup overflowth!*